Saturday, September 25, 2010

Let's Hear it for the Boy!


Greetings from baby boy Puckett! He was waving at us during the ultrasound, which of course we thought was the best thing ever! The doctor told us within the first 15 seconds of the ultrasound he already could tell what we were having, so we pretty much figured out that he must have seen a little something. The last 40 minutes were spent watching our son move around and seeing all of his wonderful features. I will be honest when I say I fully thought I was having a girl, so after the initial boy shock, I loved having that 40 minutes to fall completely in love with him. Bruce of course is over the moon at the thought of having a son and is already planning father son trips with some friends and their sons as well as taking a Grandpa, son and grandson trip to Minnesota (a Bussone family tradition)! We also found out what we were having on his birthday, which was a great gift for him! Here is a good pic of his spine!


In a effort to feel closer to our families in Illinois and Indiana, we decided to do a cake cutting party at the same time we were cutting ours here with our NC friends. We ordered cakes made with the inside being blue, but frosting covering the cake, and were able to skype and watch as our families cut the inside of the cake and found out about their grandson/nephew/cousin/great nephew. It was a blast and everyone enjoyed experiencing it together.
I am beginning to show and at 18 weeks can FINALLY wear maternity clothes. I started feeling our little boy at 15 weeks (I know this may be unbelievable to some, but trust me) and can feel him like crazy all of the time now. Bruce has not felt him from the outside yet, but I'm thinking that will be coming soon! All morning sickness is gone, my energy is back and I'm really starting to enjoy the 2nd trimester. We are now looking forward to shopping for our little one and getting the nursery ready. It will be a while before anything gets done, but I will post pictures when it starts looking cute :-). I'll leave you with a pic of our little boys face, I think I can see a little of Bruce already!
love and peace,
Renee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Renee, He is beautiful! I loved being able to get to see some of the sono pics on here. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! Love you!

Unknown said...

This picture made me get teary eyed....I love to hear you call him your son! You are gonna LOVE having a boy. Thay are sooo much fun!!He will be a mommas bot for sure!!

Unknown said...

linglitsmommas BOY !!

Alex DeJong said...

Congratulations Renee! Baby boys are the best :)